What conditions can be treated with LED phototherapy?
LED phototherapy is the perfect addition to all of our cosmetic treatments. The most common conditions we treat with LED at Contour Clinics include:
- General skin tiredness and ageing
- After cosmetic injectables to aid in healing and prevent bruising
- Bruise removal – great when combined with our laser therapies
How does LED light therapy work for acne?
The mechanism of action of LED light therapy in acne treatments is two-fold.
1) Using red LED light therapy, targeted light wavelengths penetrate deep into the skin to improve skin cell function, decrease the skin inflammation associated with active acne and promote healing of acne damaged skin.
2) Using blue LED light therapy, metabolic processes within the proprionibacterium acnes bacteria (a bacteria thought to contribute to the development of acne) are impaired. This can cause an eradication of p.acnes bacteria, significantly improving acne severity, skin tone and texture.
Is LED light therapy good for Rosacea?
There are numerous clinical studies that support the success of LED light therapy for the treatment of rosacea.
Targeted LED light wavelengths treat rosacea worsening skin bacteria, while deeper wavelengths improve skin cell metabolism, reducing cellular free radicals and improving skin cell oxygen consumption. This translates into decreased skin inflammation and redness.
What colour LED light is best for the treatment of rosacea?
The simple answer is all of them. Clinical studies on the treatment of rosacea use a combination of red, blue and infrared LED light therapy to successfully treat all layers of the skin, decrease the amount of inflammatory skin bacteria and promote healing of inflamed red skin.
We recommend an alternating course of red and blue light therapy that is at the same time combined with infrared.
Does LED light therapy work for broken capillaries?
Yes. LED light therapy will help decrease the number of newly forming broken capillaries. This occurs by reducing inflammation and decreasing bacterial load on the skin.
To completely remove already formed broken capillaries we suggest IPL or RF pin depending on their location. See our broken capillaries page.