How long does anti-wrinkle last?
The results last between 3 and 4 months. Those who have treatments regularly may find they can go longer durations between treatments, often out to 6-12 months.
If you decide anti-wrinkle injections don’t suit you, you can rest assured that the treated area will gradually return to its pre-treatment appearance.
Will the treatments hurt?
Anti-wrinkle injections are one of the least uncomfortable cosmetic treatments.
Treatments themselves take a matter of minutes, and we practice all available injection techniques to reduce discomfort.
Our clinics use ultra-thin needles to decrease any discomfort you may experience during treatments.
Topical anaesthetic can be used to numb the skin prior to the injection process. (Note: the numbing process takes 30 mins in total and will therefore require you to attend your appointment 30 minutes early.)
Will anyone know I've had anti-wrinkle injections?
At Contour Clinics, we specialise in a natural-looking result. We inject the minimum amount required to give a pleasantly aesthetic result without giving a frozen appearance.
Anti-wrinkle injectables work over 3-10 days, and the results and any changes will occur slowly and subtly. People may note you look more refreshed or less tired without knowing why.
How can I ensure the longest lasting result?
There are four important considerations:
- Expertise of injector
- Intimate knowledge of facial anatomy is essential. Expertly placed injections can ensure not one unit is wasted, and complications are kept to a minimum.
- Dosage requirements
- Overdosing can cause heaviness and increased risk of complications
- Under-dosing can cause a poor cosmetic result and short-lived results
- Dosing depends on the strength of the muscle and should be individualised for each patient. The dose required for a 100kg man, will be very different to a 50kg female. There is no one size fits all.
- Brand of anti-wrinkle
- There are three brands in Australia approved by the TGA for anti-wrinkle product. They vary significantly in cost price. Some clinics push inferior products to increase their profit. Ensure you are treated with only premium products.
- Freshness of product
- Anti-wrinkle vials contain no preservatives. Hence, once a vial is opened and reconstituted, it must be used within 24 hours. The potency of the product decreases substantially after this time period. Ensure you are treated with fresh product at every visit.
When will I see results?
Depending on the product used, it can take 2-5 days to see results from anti-wrinkle treatments. Full results are noticeable in 2 weeks.
What is the downtime for anti-wrinkle injections?
This treatment requires no downtime, often referred to as a ‘lunchtime procedure’. It is performed in-clinic, taking only 5 minutes. You are able to return to your daily routine immediately after treatments without anyone knowing you have had anything done.
Can you get anti-wrinkle and fillers on the same day?
The short answer is yes. Although, there are certain areas of the face where caution needs to be exercised.
Filler can cause swelling in the treated area. Swelling can increase the risk of the anti-wrinkle product travelling to an undesirable place. This can increase the risk of complications such as brow or eyelid drooping.
Provided the filler is not placed in the same area that the anti-wrinkle is injected, there should be no issue having them done on the same day.
There may be occasions when your injector may suggest waiting 2 weeks between wrinkle reduction and dermal filler treatments. This will be discussed with you in your initial consultation.
Do anti-wrinkle injections make your eyes smaller?
No. If anything, relaxing the Orbicularis oculi muscle that surrounds the eye will relax eye muscles, in turn causing a widening of the eyes. This can lead to a more alert, awake appearance.